St Joseph’s takes pride in their students wearing the school uniform in a proud and tidy manner which represents the school to the highest standard. Our school’s uniform, when worn properly, makes a strong visual impact and a positive statement about our school’s values. We believe it also contributes to establishing a sense of unity, engendering pride and, of course, distinguishing us as a school community. Students are encouraged to take pride in their appearance and to dress in the correct uniform at all times.
Please familiarise yourself with the following information regarding our uniform policy:
- Order forms are called for each semester to coincide with the changeover of uniform for summer and winter.
- The school sells all uniform items except shoes i.e. girl’s tunics, dresses, shorts, shirts, polo shirts, school jumpers, jackets, track suits, trousers, hats and socks.
- Shoes: Students must wear black leather, traditional or boot style school shoes that can be polished. Sports shoes should be worn on the allocated Sport day. Suede or canvas shoes are not acceptable at any time.
- Hair is to be neat and well groomed.
- No brightly coloured hair dye, that is in contrast to the student’s natural hair colour, shall be used.
- Any parts of the head shaved shall be at a ‘number 2’ barber’s comb or above.
- A small, exaggerated part-line within the hair is acceptable but no other lines or markings within the hair.
- Students with long hair (i.e. hair determined to be long enough to be pulled back into a ponytail or such) must have hair of a consistent length all the way around the head.
- Students with long hair (as determined above) must have hair secured back from the face for safety and hygiene reasons.
- Only school coloured (navy, gold and/or white) hair bands or ribbons should be used.
- No other forms of ‘extreme’ hairstyles (as determined by the school executive) are acceptable.
- For students with pierced ears, only one set of gold/silver plain studs or small sleepers are permitted. WHS guidelines prohibit the wearing of other forms of jewellery.
- Clothing and belongings should be clearly labelled.
- Wearing of the school hat is compulsory.
- Parents are asked to provide a note of explanation should their child be unable to wear part of the uniform for any reason.
Ordering uniform items
Manual order forms can be accessed in the Download Centre of our website or by completing our online order forms. Summer Uniform Order Form or Winter Uniform Order Form and manual forms are to be returned to school along with payment.
We ask parents for their support in helping to maintain the high standard we have achieved by purchasing all your child’s uniform items from the uniform shop only.
Read our latest, official and full School Uniform Policy.
The summer uniform order form can be found here.
The winter uniform order form can be found here.
The sports and accessories (hats, jumpers, bags) order form can be found here.